What are Cookie files?
Cookies are small files, saved and stored at your computer, tablet or smartphone, while you are visiting various websites. A cookie usually contains the name of the internet page, where it came from, the period of “life” of a cookie (its time of existence) and a randomly generated unique number, that serves to identify the browser used to connect to the website.
- Cookies files are used for:
- adjustment of website content pages to user preferences and to optimize the use of websites; in particular, these files allow to recognize the user device by the web site and properly display the web page, tailored to their individual needs,
- creating statistics that help us understand how service users use the websites, which allows to improve their structure and content,
- maintaining user sessions of website (after logging in), thanks to which the user does not have to retype their login and password on every page of the site,
- providing users with advertising content more suited to their interests.
- Within the framework of ocs.pl internet service, the following types of cookies can be used:
- “necessary” cookies, enabling the use of the services available within the website, for example authentication cookies used for services that require authentication within the service,
- cookies used to ensure safety, for example, used to detect fraud in authentication within the service,
- cookies allowing for gathering of information about how the web service is being used,
- “functional” cookies, enabling “remembering” of user-selected settings and customization of the user interface, e.g. in terms of the language or region from which the user comes from, the font size, appearance of website, etc.,
- “advertising” cookies, enabling providing the users with advertising content more suited to their interests.
- In many cases the software designed for browsing of internet sites (internet browsers), allows by default for cookies to be stored in the end user device. The service users may at any time make changes in settings regarding cookies files. Those settings may especially be changed in a way that will block automatic cookies service in browser settings, or inform on every instance of placing cookies in the end user device. Detailed information on possibilities and ways of servicing cookies are available in the settings of web browsers. Making no changes to cookie settings means that they will be placed in end user device, and thus we will store information in said device and have access to this information.
- Cookies may be inserted in the end user device of the ocs.pl website, and then used by advertisers, research companies and providers of multimedia applications cooperating with service.